lundi, septembre 05, 2005

Iberian flavor is just not quite me?

newsflash

motz" sh
i made my first creme brulee with Batya .. we used Chana's blowtorch... all I can say is i want a blowtorch of my own! shew!

******
I have learned now from reading Gabriel Garcia Marquez and Mario Vargas Llosa that I do not like reading Spanish tomes in translation. Somehow the vibrance and the soul is lost on me. Maybe I just don't really get the Iberian flavor exactly... like it's a portion of my personality that just doesn't match or something. I'm not sure. I'm off to read more of the history of cod by Mark Kurlansky and to start the new bestseller that my mother sent me _The World i Flat_ by Thomas Friedman. I'm curious to know what those two will teach me..

I love the line in _Cod_ that discusses how the Basques were here long before any other peoples. I like the Basques. Maybe someday I will travel to their lands to see them and to explore their culture.. I'd like that a lot.

That and..well, I have a fascination with the country of Andorra...